This Tech Leader Says airCFO is a Flexible, Responsive Finance Partner
William DeLey, COO and CFO at Edge Impulse, Interviewed by CEO of airCFO, Alex Wittenberg
In this enlightening Startup Spotlight Series discussion, William explains how airCFO provides the tools and processes needed to scale finance operations efficiently. Thanks to our dedicated team, Edge Impulse now benefits from aligned board reporting, accurate forecasts, and metrics tailored to its multi-segment business model.
According to William, "The responsiveness that I get in the engagement is great, and so I have never had a situation where in preparing for a board meeting or preparing for a management meeting, I needed some information that I couldn't deliver it because I couldn't get the support from my external finance team, aka, airCFO to provide those deliverables."
Here is what was covered during the candid conversation:
- Introduction to William De Delay, COO and CFO at Edge Impulse
- How airCFO helped scale up the operations function at Edge Impulse
- The benefits of airCFO in freeing up time for executives to focus on strategic matters
- The tools and processes provided by airCFO to support accounting and finance operations
- The ability of airCFO to adapt to the vision and needs of the company
- The key results achieved through working with airCFO, including improved financial forecasting and transparency for the board
- The expertise and responsiveness of the airCFO team
- Recommendations for early stage founders on working with airCFO, including clear expectations and milestones
- The partnership model and flexibility of airCFO
- The complexity of the financial model and the need for sophistication in spreadsheet skills
- The value of working with airCFO in delivering comprehensive financial functions
- Conclusion and appreciation for the partnership with airCFO.
We encourage you to watch the full video above to hear directly from William on how airCFO delivers the flexibility and partnership high-growth tech companies need.
At airCFO, leading startups like Edge Impulse inspire us to push the boundaries of fractional finance leadership. If you're a founder seeking specialized support, we're ready to simplify your back office so you can stay focused on strategic goals. Reach out today to learn more about airCFO.
At airCFO, leading startups like Edge Impulse inspire us to push the boundaries of fractional finance leadership. If you're a founder seeking specialized support, we're ready to simplify your back office so you can stay focused on strategic goals.
Reach out today to learn more about how airCFO can help.
See What Our Other Clients Have to Say
About air CFO
airCFO is so much more than an accounting firm; we pride ourselves on helping startups succeed. Our proprietary tech tools and dedicated team of finance, accounting, and people ops experts deliver optimized services tailored to each company’s unique needs. We partner with founders to demystify complex issues, steering startups clear of roadblocks from their Day 1 through to exit. Unlike siloed software tools or disjointed independent contractors, airCFO offers integrated specialized support and true finance leadership. Our hands-on approach means we rapidly add value as strategic advisors who understand the startup journey. Inside 200+ of the world’s top startups, airCFO takes care of the back office so founders can focus on driving growth.