airCFO is excited to announce our startup tax practice launch. We have developed a new offering that brings Tax Accounting, Compliance & Advisory Services to our portfolio of 120+ startups. Gregory Jackson, who brings nearly 20 years of tax experience to the table and most recently ran his own small business tax consulting practice, will be leading the charge and we couldn’t be happier to have him . Prior to his time spent building a tax practice from the ground up, Greg worked at several NY-based Media & Entertainment companies and advised public & private corporations, as well as Early Stage Companies while at Grant Thornton.
airCFO’s Tax practice will allow clients to put their compliance work on autopilot. Our tax team will work seamlessly with our accounting team to file returns & forms using the data we already have access to – minimal oversight required! Founders can also rest easy knowing that they are taking advantage of all available startup tax deductions and other incentives through our Tax Advisory work, providing greater value through deeper integration with airCFO. The list of services this new team will offer includes:
- Tax Provision (ASC 740): Calculate FS tax expense or benefit related to losses.
- Federal and State Income Tax Compliance: Prepare federal/state income tax returns.
- R & D Tax Credit: Assist in documenting eligible activity and calculation of the potential tax credit.
- Sales Tax “Wayfair” Planning: Determine sales taxability and state filing requirements.
- Credits & Incentives for Early Stage Companies: Assist in obtaining refundable tax credits (cash).
From the start, airCFO always saw Tax Advisory as a logical extension of what we do with our accounting services. Over the years we’ve learned what startups need from their tax partners, and now we can deliver it ourselves! If you’re looking for a new partner to help streamline your startup tax work, drop us a line!